Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Not really WOW - but!

OK, so it's not really a WOW, it really should be called a 'show on Wednesday'.


I went upstairs last night and finished Mari's Free Bee block - and here it is.....

Titanic Belfast block

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and I've left it a bit bigger so that it can be trimmed by Marianna to suit when she gets everyone else's and fit's them together.


Another thing I worked on last night was dyeing 5 FQ's to go with the 5 Zen FQ's I've had lurking in my stash for a few years.  


At the Threave Guild meeting on Monday night I was asked to do demo/talk on the 'hourglass' block.  So I've decided to use these Zen fabrics and make a top with them for showing on the night.

I've carefully looked at how I can maximise the use of each FQ with the 'hourglass' block and think I'll be able to get something that will work a treat (here's hoping that this is not just wishful thinking).  
 Hourglass Improv
Until next time, happy sewing.
signature panel

9 comments:

Joan said...

The block looks really good...what sort of fabric due you use for your dying? I've probably asked this before - sometimes I think my mind has gone walk-a-bout.
Like all the fabric you have picked out.

Lynz said...

Your block is beautiful! So soft but still modern looking. I'd like to know about dying fabrics, too. Maybe I should have checked your archives before typing this, aye? Silly cookie...

Archie the wonder dog said...

Love your block! And the fabric you dyed works perfectly with the Zen!

Esch House Quilts said...

Your block turned out great!

Esther said...

What a fabulous block! I love hand dyes, it's so rewarding when you can use them to create a particular texture.

LynCC said...

ooooo - pretty set of fabs together! And yes, that block is fantastic.

MariQuilts said...

You're block is absolutely wonderful....can't wait to see it in real life. Thank you so much,I really love it!!

Jenny said...

That is great!! Really thinking out of the box Ethne! That's a winner for sure!

liniecat said...

What a clever idea for a block, innovative!