Surprisingly I managed to make some crafting progress this week:-
Firstly - I started the week off by being distracted by my Kona holiday hand sewn strips, and, the arrival of the Kona solid fabrics (Pepper and Glacier) from Justine at Simply Solids. Upon opening the package, the fabrics just seemed to whisper constantly in my ear 'play with us' - 'go on see how we will work' - etc, etc, etc. So a few evenings this past week I was ironing, cutting and sewing some of the strips together to make 'sample' blocks. I say sample because, to be honest, this quilt is designed and created each time I lift fabric and sit down at the sewing machine.
I start off with the hand pieced strips, add Glacier fabric slivers to join each strip together, then it's a section of Pepper with Glacier fabric slivers across it horizontally, to complete a block.
I've a few blocks completed and a few where the hand pieced strips are all joined together, but there is plenty still more to do, along with some final decisions on block placement, Pepper strips to join blocks and create three long strips - currently I'm planning three strips to quilt up and join together using the QAYG method, but with me, plans have a habit of being changed as I work.....
Secondly - well I've been naughty and complete Dan's Free Bee block for October before starting Nicolette's. Sorry Nicolette. Dan I hope you like this....
Thirdly - the SWD Guild Challenge for this year is almost complete. The quilting is done, I've just to bury the thread ends and sew up the backing fabric hole on the back - I had to add a second backing fabric as the quilting threads on the back were a real mess, so now they are hidden behind a new backing fabric added using the Ricky Timms technique.
And finally - I've finished spinning this fibre. Started back in April and spun nice and fine (to be honest I probably only really spun this fibre, for the most part, each time we had a Guild meeting or demonstration). I need to double check the yarn length when I take it off the niddy noddy.