Friday, 25 October 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Fall 2013

As you know I haven't really been able to get to grips with my crafts this year but I still wanted to contribute something to the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

So I've had a check back into some finished items and come up with this Brit Quilt Swap mini quilt that I made back in 2011.

The partnerships were well matched here and Lis's requirements immediately lead me down the tranquil / oriental route for inspiration towards this panel.
Brit quilt swap

I made it with my own hand dyed fabrics using fused applique methods and FMQ to enhance the panel.  You can go here to see a series of photos which take you through from conception to the finished panel, but here are a couple to entice you......
prep work fused panel front close up Brit Quilt Swap panel

I really love how this turned out and have been toying with the idea of creating another on a similar vein for myself (but other ideas keep getting in the road.

Thanks again Amy for holding the BQF and I look forward to seeing what everyone adds.

signature panel

5 comments:

Jess @ The Elven Garden said...

This is such a calm, beautiful quilt. Gorgeous!

Lonci said...

That's an amazing desing and lovely work:)))

CitricSugar said...

Beautiful - so calm and tranquil.

Leanne said...

Your quilt is lovely, I am so glad you are sharing it for the festival.

Queenie Believe said...

Thsi is a beautiful quilt, beautifully done.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie