Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Out today ...

The spring issue of Fat Quarterly is out and its all about mini charm packs.  

Towards the end of last year Lynne put a 'call' out to anyone interested in making something with some mini charm squares and I ended up being one of those who commented who was selected to create a pattern for the Spring Fat Quarterly issue, which is out today.

So here is Feather Falls Quilt:-
I want to thank all at Fat Quarterly, (especially Lynne), for trusting me to create something, as well as delivering the pattern, photos etc on time to the incredible Tacha, who pulled my scribbles and photos together to create an understandable article for this quarters issue of the Fat Quarterly e-magazine.

After mulling over various design ideas for the mini charm packs, I did the usual and jumped in with both feet flying and created a double bed quilt (approximately 70x70").

This ended up being a lovely fun and relatively quick project, (probably as I kept the FMQ into simple wandering lines).


I created it using reverse applique and QSYG panels, which also helped limit the usual FMQ problems of quilt bulk through a small 'harp' space on the sewing machine.  Something I will be doing again.

I hope you like it ...

signature panel

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Beautiful leaves!!! Hope your doing well!

pennydog said...

This is definitely my favourite project!